I just quit that game and i do not regret that decision. After all, there’s no point in playing something that’s not interesting anymore, something that’s only an empty husk of a once good game. Here are (some) or the reasons for unsubscribing and leaving:
- There is no communication between developers and players, only between developers and “influencers” – a group of so-called “experienced players speaking in the name of everyone”. Well that is plain bullshit, there were no elections, i gave my vote to no one, so how the hell is someone i don’t even know speaking in MY name? One of those “influencers”, a person going under the fake names “dulfy” and “Kristina Hunter” brags about her certification from an online site for gamers . Big deal, everyone can make a site, steal some info from other sites and give “certifications” to whoever wants them.. Why i believe “Kristina Hunter” is a fake name and might not even be a woman at all? One “her” site there’s a very small photo of her wearing huge sunglasses hiding 60% of her face. Now if you have nothing to hide, why not post a photo of you so everyone can see your face? Because you might actually be Chris Hunter, a fat nerdy dude living in his mamma’s basement? And even if you’re not a girl and you don’t look like a top model, why hide? Trust me, the players seeking the.. Jedi Knight rotation on your site don’t give a damn about the way you look.
- The absurd changes : one of the items used for weapon/armor upgrade is called ” augment kit MK” and has 10 grades ( MK1,MK2 and so on). At some point, the developers deleted the MK 9 and MK10 and “replaced” them with MK 8. So for a brief period there were 3 MK8 in game: the original MK8, the MK8 with the value of an MK 9 and the MK 8 with the value of MK 10. What the actual fuck?? Then the idiots tried to repair this absurd situation by re-introducing the MK 9 with its correct value and later by re-introducing the MK 10.
- The data crystals: even if you’re not a player you understand a system like ” do quests, gather items called data crystals then exchange them for armors & weapons at a certain NPC” . That’s right, it used to be very simple even for newbies. Now the data crystals were replaced by Galactic Command crates – Galactic Command is only for lvl 70, so if you’re not lvl 70 you can basically fuck off, no one cares you have no chance of getting any decent stuff .
- The weekly “maintenance”: when you subscribe, you pay a certain amount of money to have more privileges for 30 days. what you’re not told is that you won’t be able to play 30 days, but 26, because every Tuesday there’s a 5-6 hours long “maintenance”, a down server period in which the idiot developers are patching and trying to repair their own mistakes aka geodata errors, missing NPC, companions not joining even if the recruitment quest is over.. Bottom line, they steal your payed play time and you cannot say anything .
- The over-priced items: everything that can be sold or bought is extremely expensive, people are greedy and the game economy is a disaster. Credit card fraud and gold spammers are never banned, it is almost like they somehow serve the developer’s interests.
- The over-dramatic class story, especially Bounty Hunter’s : long short story, in BH class story (almost) everyone you care about dies. Your instructor, your fellow Champions of the Great Hunt, your leader ( which is also a sort of adoptive father for you) and in the end your friend or (boyfriend) Torian, a companion that can be romanced and married by female players. Therefore your character turns into a very dangerous person with nothing to lose anymore, even if that way is not your way.
- And finally, the community: imagine the worst bunch of haters,racists,pedophiles,psychopaths,sexually obsessed .. yep, thats the SWTOR community. Do you really want to be a part of that? I guess not.